Reproductive Child Health
RCH we are working on Reproductive & child health issue among 12000 population in which we conduct Activities as under
• To educate the pregnant women about the need for ANC check ups and persuade them to get themselves registered with PHC or Sub Centre within 3 months of pregnancy and have atleast 3 ANCs done before delivery.
• To ensure that the pregnant women, lactating mothers who are doing breast-feeding, children below 6 years are all registered with the Anganwadi so that they can get the benefit of supplementary nutrition. Also check whether nutrition is provided at Anganwadi and if necessary take up matter with higher authorities .
• To educate the pregnant women about the benefits of institutional deliveries, give them information about the benefits of free delivery, Janani Suraksha Yojna scheme , Surkhit Janepa Yojna , Mata Kaushlaya Kalayan Yojna , Transport allowance for delivery at Govt. Hospitals, facility of free ambulance service in Emergencies and persuade them to have institutional delivery. Help pregnant women to get benefit of these schemes.
• To educate the mothers regarding the benefits of vaccination against various diseases and persuade them to get all children below 3 years age vaccinated for the diseases appropriate for their age.
• To educate the people about the symptoms of RTI/STI and the facilities available for their treatment and persuade them to avail those facilities.
Conduct community wide awareness programs through GKS/Village level /Community meetings, rallies, village announcements, street plays and road shows with village people aware them about TB
Purpose – Create awareness about TB and to reinforce messages on TB and address misconceptions identified through community meetings , if found any suspected patient than refer him in Designated Microcopy center, DOT center for clinical test and free medicine .
HIV / AIDS Prevention Project
Lok Kalyan Samiti has been implementing HIV/AIDS Prevention project with 10000 Migrants for last three years in Amritsar city. The goal is to stabilize and reduce the prevalence of STD/HIV/AIDS among the Migrants. We are work on Behavior Change Communication (BCC), Condom Promotion, & Treatment/Counseling of STD/HIV patients. • 2765 migrants are associated with ICTCs of Amritsar distt • 624 migrants associated with STI/STD Clinics • Approximately 14000 migrants were contacted for BCC (Behaviour Change Communications) sessions (1-1 and 1 to group) by the project staff of LKS. • 10000 migrants have been provided regular accessibility and availability of free condoms at the project sites